Once again, PEW (The Pew Internet & American Life Project) has published results of a study related to Public Libraries and Youth, this time focused on the age group of under-30 patrons. Some of their findings were a pleasant surprise!
Notably patrons under 30:
- mix digital and print resources
- retain a strong relationship with print media
- read more books than their older-patron counterparts
- want designated areas (teen, computer, collaboration, childrens, quiet reading)
- study and meet up in the libarary
by Kathryn Zickuhr, Lee Rainie and Kristen Purcell