“Alice the Fairy” by David Shannon
“The Magic Hat” by Mem Fox, Illustrated by Tricia Tusa
“Olivia and the Fairy Princesses” by Ian Falconer
Poof! (Action Rhyme)
Magic Finger – Action Rhyme
- 1 Watermelon Cut into Rings of 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 pint Blueberries
- Cookie cutters in fun shapes: stars, hearts, moons!
- Wax paper, for the mess!
- After pre slicing the watermelon, give each child a cookie cutter to press out their own “topper” for their wand.
- Gently skewer the blueberries onto the chopsticks
- Place your watermelon topper on top.
For my activity, since I only had 7 cookie cutters, I split the kids into two groups. One group skewered while the other group pressed out their shapes, and then they switched!